Facebook has become a behemoth.
In the United Stated Facebook has surpassed even Google in terms of traffic.
Below I have collected 40 amazing facebook statistics, and I will update them as time goes on.
To the best of my knowledge all stats below are current (As of November 8th, 2010), and accurate.
If you like this post please share this post please share it with your friends!
1. More than 500 million active users
People on Facebook
2. 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
3. Average user has 130 friends
4. People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
5. There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
Activity on Facebook
6. Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
7. Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
8. More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
9. More than 70 translations of Facebook are available on the site
10. About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
11. Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application
12. More than one million developers and entrepreneurs from more than 180 countries
13. Every month, more than 70% of Facebook users engage with Platform applications\
14. More than 550,000 active applications currently on Facebook Platform
15. More than one million websites have integrated with Facebook Platform
16. More than 150 million people engage with Facebook on external websites every month
17. Two-thirds of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites have integrated with Facebook
18. There are more than 200 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
19. People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
20. There are more than 200 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products
All of the content above is from facebook’s official press room stats page.
The remaining stats below are from elsewhere on the web.
21. Over 80% of businesses today are using facebook today.
Facebook Stats from Around the Web
22. Facebook has over 1,700 employees
23. Facebook is valued at between 7.9 and 11 billion dollars (and rising).
24. Facebook is an international phenomenon: 70% of Facebook users live outside of the United States.
25. There are over 3 million active Facebook fan pages.
26. There are over 1.5 million local businesses with Facebook pages.
27. More than 20 million people become fans of Facebook fan pages every single day. Join the FacebookFlow fan page today!
28. Facebook fan pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans.
29. The average Facebook user spends over 55 minutes on Facebook per day.
30. Women have 55% more posts on their wall than men.
31. More than 6 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each day.
32. More than 3 billion photos are uploaded to Facebook each month.
33. The United States is the country with the most Facebook users with 143,583,400 users. (via CheckFacebook.com)
34. 26.22% of the internet using world population are currently Facebook users. (via CheckFacebook.com)
35. More than 250 applications have more than one million monthly active users.
36. Facebook has more than 45 million active user groups.
37. Over 30 billion pieces of content are shared on Facebook every month.
38. Texas Hold’em Poker currently has the most fans with 26,973,501. Via the Facebook Page Stats Leaderboard by allfacebook.
39. Static FBML is the most popular Facebook app with over 95,294,450 monthly application users. (However this app can no longer be downloaded.) Via Facebakers Facebook stats.
40. If Facebook were a country it would be the third largest country in the world.
There you have it, 40 amazing Facebook stats!